There are many reasons to choose Independence as your home. These are just a few!
Live with Us!
- Low cost of living & exceptionally safe community
- Great dining & retail options
- State of the art High School and sports facilities
- Nearly $70,000 in annual scholarships awarded to High School Seniors
- Education system with award winning educators and fine arts and athletic programs competing in the WAMAC conference
- Excellent proximity to nearby metro areas – under 45 minutes from Waterloo, Cedar Falls and Cedar Rapids
- New Neighbor Welcome Package – Are you new to Indee? See if you qualify for a welcome package!
Work with Us!
- Top employment industries in the area: education, retail, health care, manufacturing, construction, transportation and finance
- Growing industries in the area: metals processing, food processing, plastics manufacturing and agricultural production research
- Strong Infrastructure for global-based business opportunities with great access along US Highway 20, close to I-380 and the Independence Municipal Airport
- Local area job opportunities are posted on several area job boards here.
- Start or continue your education with classes available through the Hawkeye Community College facility in Independence
Play with Us!
- Active Parks & Rec department with activities for all ages, city aquatic center and two beautiful golf courses.
- Riverwalk Park with river access, sidewalk paths, sand volleyball courts, horse shoe courts, basketball court and band shelter
- Home to the Independence Motor Speedway, a brand new Independence Public Library, the Heartland Acres Agribition Center museum and events center and more