New Neighbor Welcome Package
Families and individuals who move to the Independence area may be eligible to receive a Welcome Package containing items donated by chamber member businesses.
To qualify for the Welcome Package
- New resident must not have rented or owned in the area for the past 3 years
- New resident must own a home in the Independence area or be listed on a rental lease/agreement
- New resident must fill out a New Neighbor Welcome Form and submit it to the Chamber office
- Can only receive the Welcome Package once
How can I donate items from my business to the Welcome Package?
We are always looking for more items to include to our new residents in town. In order to be eligible your business must be a chamber member. Please contact the Chamber office at 319-334-7178 or firstname.lastname@example.org to become a member or arrange any donated items.
Can I help distribute the Welcome Packages to New Residents?
Yes! Please contact us to volunteer.
History of the New Neighbor Welcome Package
The most recent revitalization of the Independence “Welcome Wagon” came in 2010 when Absolutely Indee volunteers made the decision to organize what is now known as the New Neighbor Welcome Package. The packages consist of donated items from area businesses and are delivered by an all-volunteer crew.
- Our volunteers have delivered over 180 New Neighbor Welcome Packages since September 2010
- We have welcomed over 331 adults and 180 children
- Most new residents cite “Job” and “Family” as the main reasons for their relocation to Independence